The Columbia guide to religion in American history [electronic resource] / edited by Paul Harvey and Edward J. Blum ; bibliography edited by Randall Stephens
- Columbia guides to American history and cultures
- Restrictions on Access:
- License restrictions may limit access.
- Introduction: major themes in American religious history / Paul Harvey and Edward J. Blum -- Colonial encounters / Linford D. Fisher -- Native American religions / Suzanne Crawford O'Brien -- Civil religion and national identity / Andrew M. Manis -- Theology / Mark Noll -- Evangelicals in American history / Douglas A. Sweeney -- Religion and politics / Jason C. Bivins -- Religion and the law in American history / Frank S. Ravitch -- Religion, war, and peace / Ira R. Chernus -- Religion, gender, and sexuality / Anthony Michael Petro -- Religion, race, and African American life / Edward J. Blum -- Religion, ethnicity, and the immigrant experience / Roberto R. Treviño -- Asian American religions / Timothy Tseng -- Alternative religious movements in American history / Stephen J. Stein -- Religion and the environment / Lynn Ross-Bryant -- Religion and popular culture / Philip Goff -- Religious conservatism and fundamentalism / Margaret Bendroth -- Catholicism in America / Leslie Woodcock Tentler -- American Judaism / Alan T. Levenson -- The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints ("Mormons") / D. Michael Quinn -- Islam in America / Jane Smith
- 9780231140201 (cloth : alk. paper) and 0231140207 (cloth : alk. paper)
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references (p. -419), filmography, discography and index.
View MARC record | catkey: 23790673