Conservation genetics in the age of genomics [electronic resource] / edited by George Amato ... [et al.].
- New York : Columbia University Press, c2009.
- Physical Description:
- xiv, 248 p. : ill., maps ; 24 cm.
- Additional Creators:
- Amato, George, San Diego Zoo, Wildlife Conservation Society (New York, N.Y.), and Center for Biodiversity and Conservation (American Museum of Natural History)
- Restrictions on Access:
- License restrictions may limit access.
- The expansion of conservation genetics / Rob DeSalle and George Amato -- Conservation genetics and the extinction crisis : a perspective / William Conway -- Moving toward a more integrated approach / George Amato -- Neutral, detrimental, and adaptive variation in conservation genetics / Philip W. Hedrick -- Stopping evolution : genetic management of captive populations / Robert C. Lacy -- The emerging theme of ocean neighborhoods in marine conservation / Stephen R. Palumbi -- Genetic data and the interpretation of restoration priorities of the Cicindela dorsalis Say complex (Coleoptera: Carabidae) : the components of conservation genetics revisited / Paul Z. Goldstein -- Range collapse, population loss, and the erosion of global genetic resources / James P. Gibbs -- Biodiversity, conservation, and genetic resources in modern museum and herbarium collections / Robert Hanner, Angélique Corthals, and Rob DeSalle -- Banking of genetic resources : the frozen zoo at the San Diego Zoo / Leona G. Chemnick, Marlys L. Houck, and Oliver A. Ryder -- The role of cryopreserved cell and tissue collections for the study of biodiversity and its conservation / Vitaly Volobouev -- The silent biodiversity crisis : loss of genetic resource collections / Deborah L. Rogers ... [et al.] -- Who owns the ark, and why does it matter? / Cathi Lehn ... [et al.] -- Conservomics? : the role of genomics in conservation biology / George Amato and Rob DeSalle -- Genomics and conservation genetics / Judith A. Blake -- Crop transgenes in natural populations / Norman C. Ellstrand -- The role of assisted reproduction in animal conservation / Anne McLaren -- Conservation and cloning : the challenges / Ian Wilmut and Lesley Paterson -- Can our laws accommodate the new conservation genetics? / Gerald J. Flattmann Jr., Barbara A. Ruskin, and Nicholas Vogt -- The import of uncertainty / Sandra D. Mitchell.
- 9780231128322 (cloth : alk. paper)
0231128320 (cloth : alk. paper)
- Based on papers from two symposia, one held in San Diego and sponsored by the San Diego Zoological Park, and the other held in New York and sponsored by the Wildlife Conservation Society and the American Museum of Natural History Center for Biodiversity and Conservation.
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
- Action Note:
- cat 200900921 nsh
View MARC record | catkey: 23790761