Empire, global coloniality and African subjectivity [electronic resource] / Sabelo J. Ndlovu-Gatsheni
- Ndlovu-Gatsheni, Sabelo J.
- New York : Berghahn Books, 2013.
- Physical Description:
- viii, 272 p. ; 24 cm.
- Restrictions on Access:
- License restrictions may limit access.
- Part 1. Global imperial designs and empire -- Introduction: empire and global coloniality: towards a decolonial turn -- Global imperial designs and pan-Africanism -- Coloniality of power and African development -- Part 2. Subject, subjection and subjectivity -- The ticklish subject in Africa -- Subjection and subjectivity in South Africa -- Nationality of power in Zimbabwe -- Part 3. Coloniality, knowledge and nationalism -- Coloniality of knowledge and higher education -- African national project and national question -- Part 4. Conclusion -- Global crisis and Africa today.
- 9780857459510 (alk. paper)
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references (p. -257) and index.
View MARC record | catkey: 23791213