The extinct scene [electronic resource] : late modernism and everyday life / Thomas S. Davis
- Davis, Thomas S. (Thomas Saverance)
- New York : Columbia University Press, 
- Physical Description:
- xi, 307 pages : illustrations ; 24 cm.
- Modernist latitudes
- Restrictions on Access:
- License restrictions may limit access.
- Introduction: Late modernism and the outward turn -- The last snapshot of the British intelligentsia: documentary, mass-observation and the fate of the liberal avant-garde -- The historical novel at history's end -- Late modernism's geopolitical imagination: everyday life in the global hot zones -- War gothic -- "It is de age of colonial concern": vernacular fictions and political belonging -- Epilogue: "appointments to keep in the past".
- 9780231169424 (cloth : acid-free paper)
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references (pages 271-290) and index.
View MARC record | catkey: 23791393