Heterotrophic plate counts and drinking-water safety [electronic resource] : the significance of HPCs for water quality and human health / edited by J. Bartram ... [et al.].
- Emerging issues in water and infectious disease series
- Restrictions on Access:
- License restrictions may limit access.
- Expert consensus / Expert meeting group report -- Public health aspects of the role of HPC--an introduction / M. Exner, V. Vacata, and J. Gebel -- The history and use of HPC in drinking-water quality management / P. Payment, D.P. Sartory, and D.J. Reasoner -- The presence of bacteria in water after regrowth / C.R. Fricker -- Bacteria of potential health concern / N.F. Lightfoot -- Relationships between common water bacteria and pathogens in drinking-water / H. Leclerc -- Epidemiological and risk assessment evidence of disease linked to HPC bacteria / P.R. Hunter -- Infections from HPC organisms in drinking-water amongst the immunocompromised / A. Glasmacher, S. Engelhart, and M. Exner -- Methods to identify and enumerate frank and opportunistic bacterial pathogens in water and biofilms / N.J. Ashbolt -- Conditions favouring coliform and HPC bacterial growth in drinking-water and on water contact surfaces / M.W. LeChevallier -- Managing regrowth in drinking-water distribution systems / D. van der Kooij -- The role of HPC in managing the treatment and distribution of drinking-water / W. Robertson and T. Brooks.
- 9781843390251 (IWA Publishing), 1843390256 (IWA Publishing), 9789241562263 (WHO), and 9241562269 (WHO)
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
View MARC record | catkey: 23791856