The musical sounds of medieval French cities [electronic resource] : players, patrons, and politics / Gretchen Peters
- Peters, Gretchen, 1962-
- Cambridge ; New York : Cambridge University Press, 2012.
- Physical Description:
- x, 288 p. : ill., maps ; 26 cm.
- Restrictions on Access:
- License restrictions may limit access.
- Playing before the council: civic patronage in southern France -- In honor of nobility: civic patronage in central France -- For the honor and pleasure of the city: civic patronage in northern France -- From confraternal processions to weddings to bathhouses: freelancing in the urban environment -- Playing en couble: professional relationships among minstrels -- "A minister of Satan" and "an honor to the city": conflicting images of the medieval minstrel.
- 9781107010611 (hardback)
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references (p. 259-276) and index.
View MARC record | catkey: 23792702