A photographic atlas of selected regions of the Milky Way [electronic resource] / by Edward Emerson Barnard ; edited by Edwin B. Frost and Mary R. Calvert ; republished under the direction of Gerald Orin Dobek
- Restrictions on Access:
- License restrictions may limit access.
- Machine generated contents note: Foreword by Gerald Orin Dobek; Preface from the original Atlas; Introduction from the original Atlas; Bibliography from the original Atlas; Catalogue of 349 dark objects in the sky; Biography of Edward Emerson Barnard.
- "Edward Emerson Barnard's Photographic Atlas of Selected Regions of the Milky Way was originally published in two volumes in 1927. Together these volumes contained a wealth of information, including photographic plates of the most interesting portions of the Milky Way, descriptive text, charts, and data. Only 700 copies were printed, making the original edition a collector's item. Reproduced in print for the first time, this edition combines both volumes of Barnard's Atlas. It directly replicates Barnard's text, and contains high resolution images of the original photographic plates and charts, reordered so that they can be seen together. It also includes a biography of Barnard and his work, a Foreword and Addendum by Gerald Orin Dobek describing the importance of the Atlas and additions to this volume, and a pull-out section with a mosaic of all 50 plates combined in a single panorama"--
- 9780521191432 (hardback) and 0521191432 (hardback)
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references.
View MARC record | catkey: 23793001