Reimagining the human service relationship [electronic resource] / Jaber F. Gubrium, Tone Alm Andreassen, Per Koren Solvang, editors
- New York : Columbia University Press, 
- 1 Edition.
- Physical Description:
- xvi, 349 pages ; 24 cm
- Additional Creators:
- Gubrium, Jaber F., Andreassen, Tone Alm, and Solvang, Per
- Restrictions on Access:
- License restrictions may limit access.
- Preface -- Acknowledgements -- The human service relationship -- From the iron cage to everyday life / by Jaber F. Gubrium -- Service user perspectives -- Professional intervention from a service-user perspective / by Tone Alm Andreassen -- Expertise and ambivalence in user-focused human service work / by Margaretha Järvinen -- Flipping the script : managing and reimagining outpatient addiction treatment / by E. Summerson Carr -- Service users' negotiated identities in a social enterprise and the opportunity for reflection in action / by Eve E. Garrow -- Between control and surrender in terminal illness / by Geraldine Foley & Virpi Timonen -- Professional work -- New relations between "professionals" and disabled service users / by Per Koren Solvang -- The use of elder-clowning to foster relational citizenship in dementia care / by Karen-Lee Miller & Pia Kontos -- Managing the complexity of family contact in child welfare / by Tarja Pösö -- Risk, trust, and the complex sentiments of enacting care / by Amanda Grenier & Cristi Flood -- "Civil disobedience" and conflicting rationalities in elderly care / by Signe Mie Jensen & Kaspar Villadsen -- Reimagined service relationships -- Mental health self-knowledge : crossing borders with recovery colleges and Tojisha Kenkyu / by Tom Shakespeare & Rachael Collins -- Tension and balance in teaching "the patient perspective" to mental health professionals / by Erik Eriksson & Katarina Jacobsson -- Reimagining the doctor-patient relationship / by Ian Greener -- Who's who and who cares? : personal and professional identities in welfare services / by Marian Barnes -- Border work: negotiating shifting regimes of power / by Janet Newman -- Contributors -- Notes -- Index.
- 9780231171526 (cloth : alk. paper)
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
View MARC record | catkey: 23793388