Substance use disorders in lesbian, gay, bisexual, and transgender clients [electronic resource] : assessment and treatment / Sandra C. Anderson
- Anderson, Sandra Caughran, 1942-
- New York : Columbia University Press, c2009.
- Physical Description:
- x, 284 p. ; 23 cm.
- Foundations of social work knowledge
- Restrictions on Access:
- License restrictions may limit access.
- Introduction -- Definitions, prevalence, and etiology -- Heterosexism -- Assessment -- Practice with individuals -- Treatment related to specific drugs -- Issues related to specific age groups -- Issues related to diversity -- Intervention models -- Practice with couples, families, and small groups -- Conclusions about practice -- Case study: a lesbian couple with a substance use disorder -- Ethical and legal issues -- Policy and legislative issues -- The future of the field.
- 9780231142748 (cloth : alk. paper), 0231142749 (cloth : alk. paper), 9780231142755 (pbk. : alk. paper), 0231142757 (pbk. : alk. paper), 9780231512695 (ebook), and 0231512694 (ebook)
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
View MARC record | catkey: 23793871