Carl E. Marquardt papers, 1925-1949
- Marquardt, Carl E. (Carl Eugene), 1884-1968
- Physical Description:
- 0.5 cubic feet
- Restrictions on Access:
- Unrestriced access. These materials are stored offsite. Please allow three days for retrieval before use.
- This collection of Penn State professor of romance philology and college examiner Carl E. Marquardt documents his role as college examiner and the professional and honorary societies he served. It includes personal correspondence, articles, and papers.
- Finding Aid Note:
- Unpublished inventory available.
- In University Archives, University Libraries, Pennsylvania State University, University Park, Pa. (#MGN 73)
- Administrative History:
- Carl E. Marquardt served as Associate Professor of German and French at Pennsylvania State College (1913-1919), was named College Examiner in 1920 and served in that position until he retired in 1949 with the rank of professor emeritus of Romance Philology. Through his efforts a chapter of Phi Beta Kappa was founded at Penn State in 1937 and he served as its first president. Also a founder, National secretary, vice president and treasurer of the Romance language honor society, Phi Sigma Iota.
View MARC record | catkey: 238926