The Baptist mission in India [microform] : containing a narrative of its rise, progress, and present condition, a statement of the physical and moral character of the Hindoos ... with a very interesting description of Bengal, intended to animate to missionary co-operation
- Philadelphia : Hellings and Aitken, 1811. and [Philadelphia] : Stiles.
- Physical Description:
- 312 pages ; 18 cm
- Additional Creators:
- Staughton, William, 1770-1829
- Preface by the compiler signed: W. Staughton., "The following pages have been selected for the most part from the writings of the missionary brethren at Serampore, and those of their friends ... The Essays are formed chiefly from a series of interesting dialogues composed by Dr. Marshman. The other Articles are selected from 'the Periodical accounts' of the Society, excepting the article 'Bengal' which is a production of Mr. Ward ... " -- p. iii-iv., Includes (p. -312): Poetry., and Master microform held by: Readex.
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references.
- Reproduction Note:
- Microopaque. New York, N.Y. : Readex Microprint Corporation, 1973. 4 cards ; 15 x 23 cm. (Early American imprints. Second series ; no. 23974)
- Reviewed/Cited In:
- Shaw, R.R. American bibliography, 23974
View MARC record | catkey: 2401707