Status summary of chemical processing development in plutonium-238 supply program [electronic resource].
- Washington, D.C. : United States. Dept. of Energy, 2017.
Oak Ridge, Tenn. : Distributed by the Office of Scientific and Technical Information, U.S. Dept. of Energy
- Physical Description:
- 84 pages : digital, PDF file
- Additional Creators:
- Oak Ridge National Laboratory
United States. Department of Energy
United States. Department of Energy. Office of Scientific and Technical Information
- This document summarizes the status of development of chemical processing in the Plutonium-238 Supply Program (PSP) near the end of Demonstration 1. The objective of the PSP is “to develop, demonstrate, and document a production process that meets program objectives and to prepare for its operation” (Frazier et al. 2016). Success in the effort includes establishing capability using the current infrastructure to produce Np targets for irradiation in Department of Energy research reactors, chemically processing the irradiated targets to separate and purify the produced Pu and transferring the PuO<sub>2</sub> product to Los Alamos National Laboratory (LANL) at an average rate of 1.5 kg/y.
- Published through SciTech Connect.
Emory D. Collins; Dennis Benker; Robert M. Wham; David W. DePaoli; Laetitia Helene Delmau; Steven R. Sherman.
- Funding Information:
View MARC record | catkey: 24043001