Two step novel hydrogen system using additives to enhance hydrogen release from the hydrolysis of alane and activated aluminum [electronic resource].
- Washington, D.C. : United States. Dept. of Energy, 2015. and Oak Ridge, Tenn. : Distributed by the Office of Scientific and Technical Information, U.S. Dept. of Energy
- Additional Creators:
- Savannah River Technology Center (U.S.), United States. Department of Energy, and United States. Department of Energy. Office of Scientific and Technical Information
- Restrictions on Access:
- Free-to-read Unrestricted online access
- A system for the generation of hydrogen for use in portable power systems is set forth utilizing a two-step process that involves the thermal decomposition of AlH.sub.3 (10 wt % H.sub.2) followed by the hydrolysis of the activated aluminum (Al*) byproduct to release additional H.sub.2. Additionally, a process in which water is added directly without prior history to the AlH.sub.3:PA composite is also disclosed.
- Published through SciTech Connect., 12/01/2015., "9,199,844", "14/095,033", and Zidan, Ragaiy; Teprovich, Joseph; Motyka, Theodore.
- Funding Information:
View MARC record | catkey: 24044512