Chemical solution deposition method of fabricating highly aligned MgO templates [electronic resource].
- Washington, D.C. : United States. Dept. of Energy, 2012.
Oak Ridge, Tenn. : Distributed by the Office of Scientific and Technical Information, U.S. Dept. of Energy
- Additional Creators:
- Oak Ridge National Laboratory, United States. Department of Energy, and United States. Department of Energy. Office of Scientific and Technical Information
- Restrictions on Access:
- Free-to-read Unrestricted online access
- A superconducting article includes a substrate having an untextured metal surface; an untextured barrier layer of La.sub.2Zr.sub.2O.sub.7 or Gd.sub.2Zr.sub.2O.sub.7 supported by and in contact with the surface of the substrate; a biaxially textured buffer layer supported by the untextured barrier layer; and a biaxially textured superconducting layer supported by the biaxially textured buffer layer. Moreover, a method of forming a buffer layer on a metal substrate includes the steps of: providing a substrate having an untextured metal surface; coating the surface of the substrate with a barrier layer precursor; converting the precursor to an untextured barrier layer; and depositing a biaxially textured buffer layer above and supported by the untextured barrier layer.
- Report Numbers:
- E 1.99:8,088,503
- Published through SciTech Connect.
"US patent application 12/363,035"
Paranthaman, Mariappan Parans (Knoxville, TN); Sathyamurthy, Srivatsan (Knoxville, TN); Aytug, Tolga (Knoxville, TN); Arendt, Paul N (Los Alamos, NM); Stan, Liliana (Los Alamos, NM); Foltyn, Stephen R (Los Alamos, NM).
- Funding Information:
View MARC record | catkey: 24047231