Cyclo[n]pyrroles and methods thereto [electronic resource].
- Washington, D.C. : United States. Dept. of Energy, 2006. and Oak Ridge, Tenn. : Distributed by the Office of Scientific and Technical Information, U.S. Dept. of Energy
- Additional Creators:
- University of Texas at Austin, United States. Department of Energy, and United States. Department of Energy. Office of Scientific and Technical Information
- Restrictions on Access:
- Free-to-read Unrestricted online access
- The present invention provides an oxidative coupling procedure that allows efficient synthesis of novel cyclo[n]pyrrole macrocycles. Therefore, the present invention provides cyclo[n]pyrroles where n is 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, or 12, and derivatives, multimers, isomers, and ion and neutral molecule complexes thereof as new compositions of matter. A protonated form of cyclo[n]pyrrole displays a gap of up to 700 nm between strong Soret and Q-like absorption bands in the electronic spectrum, demonstrating no significant ground state absorption in the visible portion of the electronic spectrum. Uses of cyclo[n]pyrroles as separation media, nonlinear optical materials, information storage media and infrared filters are provided.
- Published through SciTech Connect., 01/10/2006., "6,984,734", "10/373,949", and Sessler, Jonathan; Seidel, Daniel; Bolze, Frederic; Koehler, Thomas.
- Funding Information:
- FG 03-01ER-115186
View MARC record | catkey: 24047659