<sup>3</sup>He Alternatives Summary Report [electronic resource].
- Washington, D.C. : United States. Dept. of Energy, 2015.
Oak Ridge, Tenn. : Distributed by the Office of Scientific and Technical Information, U.S. Dept. of Energy
- Physical Description:
- 48 pages : digital, PDF file
- Additional Creators:
- Oak Ridge National Laboratory
United States. Department of Energy
United States. Department of Energy. Office of Scientific and Technical Information
- Most of the <sup>3</sup>He consumed by neutron-based safeguards assay systems is used in neutron coincidence and neutron multiplicity counting systems. Detection methods for the limited number of total neutron counting applications are not considered in this report, but it is believed that the boron-lined tubes [1, 2] already developed for portal monitoring applications will serve as a suitable replacement for those measurements. In this report, we discuss the potential replacement technologies that are most suitable for use in safeguards applications.
- Published through SciTech Connect.
Robert Dennis McElroy.
- Funding Information:
View MARC record | catkey: 24048833