Background evaluation for the neutron sources in the Daya Bay experiment [electronic resource].
- Washington, D.C. : United States. Dept. of Energy. High Energy Physics Division, 2016. and Oak Ridge, Tenn. : Distributed by the Office of Scientific and Technical Information, U.S. Dept. of Energy
- Physical Description:
- pages 27-32 : digital, PDF file
- Additional Creators:
- Brookhaven National Laboratory, United States. Department of Energy. High Energy Physics Division, and United States. Department of Energy. Office of Scientific and Technical Information
- Restrictions on Access:
- Free-to-read Unrestricted online access
- Here, we present an evaluation of the background induced by 241Am–13C neutron calibration sources in the Daya Bay reactor neutrino experiment. Furthermore, as a significant background for electron-antineutrino detection at 0.26 ± 0.12 detector per day on average, it has been estimated by a Monte Carlo simulation that was benchmarked by a special calibration data set. This dedicated data set also provides the energy spectrum of the background.
- Published through SciTech Connect., 07/06/2016., "bnl--113557-2017-ja", "KA2201020", Nuclear Instruments and Methods in Physics Research. Section A, Accelerators, Spectrometers, Detectors and Associated Equipment 833 C ISSN 0168-9002 AM, and W. Q. Gu; G. F. Cao; X. H. Chen; X. P. Ji; G. S. Li; J. J. Ling; J. Liu; X. Qian; W. Wang.
- Funding Information:
- SC00112704 and PO-022
View MARC record | catkey: 24049314