Development of a Waste Vault Directional Assay System (VDAS) [electronic resource].
- Washington, D.C. : United States. National Nuclear Security Administration, 2016.
Oak Ridge, Tenn. : Distributed by the Office of Scientific and Technical Information, U.S. Dept. of Energy
- Physical Description:
- 3 pages : digital, PDF file
- Additional Creators:
- Los Alamos National Laboratory, United States. National Nuclear Security Administration, and United States. Department of Energy. Office of Scientific and Technical Information
- Restrictions on Access:
- Free-to-read Unrestricted online access
- We are developing a portable neutron and gamma detector called VDAS with sufficient sensitivity and directional capability such that it could operate in high gamma dose rate environments. This detector will be designed such that it can be remotely deployed and adaptable to a broad range of possible facility infrastructure to record a 3D array of gross neutron and gamma measurements, including axial and radial rotation, for identifying potential SNM material locations.
- Report Numbers:
- E 1.99:la-ur--16-28609
- Published through SciTech Connect.
Adrienne Marie LaFleur.
- Funding Information:
View MARC record | catkey: 24049400