Search for the Rare Decay $B_s^0 \to \mu^+\mu^-$ at D0 [electronic resource].
- Washington, D.C. : United States. Dept. of Energy. High Energy Physics Division, 2013.
Oak Ridge, Tenn. : Distributed by the Office of Scientific and Technical Information, U.S. Dept. of Energy
- Physical Description:
- 110 pages : digital, PDF file
- Additional Creators:
- Fermi National Accelerator Laboratory, United States. Department of Energy. High Energy Physics Division, and United States. Department of Energy. Office of Scientific and Technical Information
- Restrictions on Access:
- Free-to-read Unrestricted online access
- Results of the search for the rare decay B0 s → μ+μ- using data collected by the D0 detector at the Fermilab Tevatron collider are presented. This analysis covers the full Run II data set, corresponding to approximately 10.4 fb-1 of integrated luminosity in p ̄p collisions at a center of mass energy of 1.96 TeV. The analysis used new variables and a multivariate technique to improve the background reduction. After seeing fewer events than expected from background, a new Tevatron best observed limit was set on the branching fraction of the decay at B(B0 s→ μ+μ-) < 15 x 10-9 (12 x 10-9) at the 95% (90%) C.L.
- Report Numbers:
- E 1.99:fermilab-thesis--2013-06
- Published through SciTech Connect.
Michelle Victoria Prewitt.
- Funding Information:
View MARC record | catkey: 24050002