Development of a multiwire proportional chamber imaging system for neutron radiography [electronic resource].
- Washington, D.C. : U.S. Atomic Energy Commission, 1974.
Oak Ridge, Tenn. : Distributed by the Office of Scientific and Technical Information, U.S. Dept. of Energy
- Physical Description:
- 180 pages : digital, PDF file
- Additional Creators:
- Lawrence Berkeley National Laboratory
U.S. Atomic Energy Commission
United States. Department of Energy. Office of Scientific and Technical Information
- A multiwire proportional chamber was developed for thermal, epithermal, and fast neutron radiographic imaging. It employs electromagnetic delay lines for coordinate readout and solid layer neutron-tocharged particle converters. Thermal neutron detection efficiencies of nearly 4% and spatial resolutions of 2 mm were achieved. Model calculations were in good agreement with experiment and indicate that substantial improvements in both the efficiency and resolution are possible.
- Dissertation Note:
- Thesis. Orig. Receipt Date: 31-DEC-74
- Published through SciTech Connect.
Kenneth Howard Valentine.
- Funding Information:
View MARC record | catkey: 24050418