Proposal for a new neutrino detector at Fermilab to study the weak neutral current. Annual technical progress report [electronic resource].
- Oak Ridge, Tenn. : Distributed by the Office of Scientific and Technical Information, U.S. Dept. of Energy, 1979.
- Physical Description:
- Pages: 31 : digital, PDF file
- Additional Creators:
- United States. Department of Energy. Office of Scientific and Technical Information
- Restrictions on Access:
- Free-to-read Unrestricted online access
- The construction and testing of the 340 ton flash chamber - proportional tube chamber neutrino detector is in progress. To date, 240 tons of the calorimeter are constructed, 320 of the required 600 flash chambers are debugged and are operational, and 15 of the 37 proportional planes are working. Neutrino events in the Fermilab quadrupole triplet beam have been recorded. A calibration of the energy and angle resolution of the calorimeter has been performed. The construction of the remaining 100 tons of the detector is in progress.
- Report Numbers:
- E 1.99:doe/er/05023-1
E 1.99: conf-791037-31
- Published through SciTech Connect.
IEEE nuclear science symposium, San Francisco, CA, USA, 17 Oct 1979.
Northern Illinois Univ., Dekalb (USA)
- Funding Information:
View MARC record | catkey: 24050442