Data Storage and sharing for the long tail of science [electronic resource].
- Washington, D.C. : United States. Office of the United States Secretary of Energy, 2016.
Oak Ridge, Tenn. : Distributed by the Office of Scientific and Technical Information, U.S. Dept. of Energy
- Physical Description:
- 11 pages : digital, PDF file
- Additional Creators:
- Brookhaven National Laboratory, United States. Office of the United States Secretary of Energy, and United States. Department of Energy. Office of Scientific and Technical Information
- Restrictions on Access:
- Free-to-read Unrestricted online access
- Research data infrastructure such as storage must now accommodate new requirements resulting from trends in research data management that require researchers to store their data for the long term and make it available to other researchers. We propose Data Depot, a system and service that provides capabilities for shared space within a group, shared applications, flexible access patterns and ease of transfer at Purdue University. We evaluate Depot as a solution for storing and sharing multiterabytes of data produced in the long tail of science with a use case in soundscape ecology studies from the Human- Environment Modeling and Analysis Laboratory. We observe that with the capabilities enabled by Data Depot, researchers can easily deploy fine-grained data access control, manage data transfer and sharing, as well as integrate their workflows into a High Performance Computing environment.
- Report Numbers:
- E 1.99:bnl--114352-2016
- Other Subject(s):
- Published through SciTech Connect.
B. Zhang; L. Pouchard; P. M. Smith; A. Gasc; B. C. Pijanowski.
- Funding Information:
View MARC record | catkey: 24050729