Brief historical perspective on the definition of high-level nuclear wastes [electronic resource].
- Oak Ridge, Tenn. : Distributed by the Office of Scientific and Technical Information, U.S. Dept. of Energy, 1985.
- Physical Description:
- Pages: 46 : digital, PDF file
- Additional Creators:
- United States. Department of Energy. Office of Scientific and Technical Information
- Restrictions on Access:
- Free-to-read Unrestricted online access
- This report constitutes a historical perspective on the definition of HLW with emphasis on the US situation. The major HLW definitions are summarized chronologically, including a categorization of the considerations (e.g., waste source, heat generation rate, radiological effects) forming the bases of the definitions. High-level waste (HLW) definitions are then discussed in terms of these considerations. A brief discussion of the institutional aspects of HLW regulation and management are presented. An appendix to the report constitutes an annotated, chronological bibliography that formed the basis of the perspective.
- Report Numbers:
- E 1.99:ornl/sub-84-13833/1
- Published through SciTech Connect.
Jacobs, D.G.; Szluha, A.T.; Gablin, K.A.; Croff, A.G.
Maxima Corp., Oak Ridge, TN (USA)
- Funding Information:
View MARC record | catkey: 24051780