The battle for paradise : Puerto Rico takes on the disaster capitalists / Naomi Klein
- Klein, Naomi, 1970-
- Chicago, Illinois : Haymarket Books, 2018.
- Copyright Date:
- Physical Description:
- xi, 80 pages ; 17 cm
- Solar oasis -- Invasion of the Puertopians -- Island weary of outside experiments -- "Welcome to magic land" -- Shock-after-shock-after-shock doctrine -- Desperation, distraction, despair, and disappearance -- Islands of sovereignty converge -- Race against time.
- "In the rubble of Hurricane Maria, Puerto Ricans and ultrarich "Puertopians" are locked in a pitched struggle over how to remake the island. In this vital and startling investigation, New York Times bestselling author and activist Naomi Klein uncovers how the forces of shock politics and disaster capitalism seek to undermine the nation's radical, resilient vision for a just recovery."--page 4 of cover.
- Hurricanes—Puerto Rico
- Disaster relief—Puerto Rico
- Disaster relief
- Economic history
- Emergency management
- Politics and government
- Emergency management—Puerto Rico
- Puerto Rico—Economic conditions
- United States—Politics and government—2009-2017
- Puerto Rico
- United States
- Puerto Rico—Politics and government
- 1608465861 (hardcover)
View MARC record | catkey: 24052063