Sites of resistance : gypsies, Roma and travellers in school, the community and the academy / Andrew Ryder
- Ryder, Andrew (Andrew Richard)
- Additional Titles:
- Sites of resistance : gypsies, Roma and travellers in school, community and the academy
- London : Trentham Books, an imprint of UCL/IOE Press, 2017.
- Copyright Date:
- Physical Description:
- xiv, 156 pages ; 24 cm
- Machine generated contents note: 1.A pedagogy of hope for Gypsies, Roma and Travellers -- 2.Hegemony and life strategy -- 3.Cultural trauma, marginalization and resistance -- 4.School: Resistance and conflict -- 5.Identity, exclusion and change -- 6.Critical pedagogy -- 7.Gypsies and Travellers on the front line: Organic intellectuals and strategic ties -- 8.Academic cage fighting, position taking and awakenings within Romani studies -- 9.Conclusion.
- 9781858566979 (paperback) and 1858566975 (paperback)
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references (pages 142-154) and index.
View MARC record | catkey: 24053973