European contract law / by Hein Kötz, M.C.L. (Mich.), F.B.A., Emeritus Professor of Law, University of Hamburg, Emeritus Director, Max Planck Institute for Comparative and International Private Law ; translated from the German by Gill Mertens and Tony Weir
- Language Note:
- Translated from the German.
- Development of European Contract Law -- Negotiation and formation of contracts -- The definiteness of the contract -- Tests of earnestness -- Formalities -- Interpretation of contracts -- Unfair, illegal, and immoral contracts -- The control of unfair contract terms -- Mistake -- Deceit and duress -- Rights of witdrawal -- Claims for performance -- Termination of contracts -- Damages -- The effect of unexpected circumstances -- Agency and representation -- Contracts for the benefit of third parties -- Assignment.
- 9780198800040 (hbk.) and 0198800045 (hbk.)
- Other Edition:
- Revision of: Kötz, Hein, 1935- Oxford : Clarendon Press ; New York : Oxford University Press, 1997-
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
View MARC record | catkey: 24054248