Wade in the water : poems / Tracy K. Smith
- Smith, Tracy K.
- Uniform Title:
- Poems. Selections
- Minneapolis, Minnesota : Graywolf Press, 
- Copyright Date:
- Physical Description:
- 83 pages ; 24 cm
- Garden of Eden -- Angels -- Hill country -- Deadly -- Man's world -- World is your beautiful younger sister -- Realm of shades -- Driving to Ottawa -- Wade in the water -- Declaration -- Greatest personal privation -- Unwritten -- I will tell you the truth about this, I will tell you all about it -- Ghazal -- United States welcomes you -- New road station -- Theatrical improvisation -- Unrest in Baton Rouge -- Watershed -- Political poem -- Eternity -- Ash -- Beatific -- Charity -- In your condition -- 4 1/2 -- Dusk -- Urban youth -- Everlasting self -- Annunciation -- Refuge -- Old story.
- A Pulitzer Prize-winning poet, using her signature voice--inquisitive, lyrical and wry--mulls over what it means to be a citizen, a mother and an artist in a culture arbitrated by wealth, men and violence, boldly tying America's modern moment both to our nation's fraught founding history and to a sense of the spirit, the everlasting.
- 9781555978136 (hardcover)
- Form of work:
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references (pages 77-81).
View MARC record | catkey: 24054284