Interruptions : the fragmentary aesthetic in modern literature / Gerald L. Bruns
- Bruns, Gerald L.
- Tuscaloosa : The University of Alabama Press, 
- Physical Description:
- xii, 197 pages : illustrations ; 23 cm.
- Modern and contemporary poetics
- Prologue : The invention of poetry -- An archeology of fragments -- The impossible experience of words : the later fiction of Maurice Blanchot and Samuel Beckett -- Dialectrics : turbulence and contradiction in J.H. Prynne's Kazoo dreamboats -- Metastatic lyricism : John Wilkinson's poetry and poetics -- Apology for stuffed owls : on the virtues of bad poetry -- Paratactics ("pataquerics") of the ordinary : the course of the comic in Charles Bernstein's poetry -- On the words of the Wake (and what to do with them) -- What's in a mirror? James Joyce's phenomenology of misperception -- Epilogue : On incompletion (stopping briefly with Gertrude Stein).
- 9780817359065 paperback and 0817359060 paperback
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
View MARC record | catkey: 24054310