Effectiveness of Flame Retardants in TufFoam [electronic resource].
- Washington, D.C. : United States. National Nuclear Security Administration, 2017.
Oak Ridge, Tenn. : Distributed by the Office of Scientific and Technical Information, U.S. Dept. of Energy
- Physical Description:
- 26 pages : digital, PDF file
- Additional Creators:
- Sandia National Laboratories
United States. National Nuclear Security Administration
United States. Department of Energy. Office of Scientific and Technical Information
- An investigation of polyurethane foam filled with known flame retardant fillers including hydroxides, melamine, phosphate-containing compounds, and melamine phosphates was carried out to produce a low-cost material with high flame retardant efficiency. The impact of flame retardant fillers on the physical properties such a s composite foam density, glass transition temperature, storage modulus, and thermal expansion of composite foams was investigated with the goal of synthesizing a robust rigid foam with excellent flame retardant properties.
- Published through SciTech Connect.
Alexis Elizabeth Abelow; April Nissen; Lee Taylor Massey; LeRoy L. Whinnery.
- Funding Information:
View MARC record | catkey: 24054602