Purification of CdZnTe by Electromigration [electronic resource].
- Washington, D.C. : United States. National Nuclear Security Administration, 2015. and Oak Ridge, Tenn. : Distributed by the Office of Scientific and Technical Information, U.S. Dept. of Energy
- Physical Description:
- Article numbers 145,702 : digital, PDF file
- Additional Creators:
- Brookhaven National Laboratory, United States. National Nuclear Security Administration, and United States. Department of Energy. Office of Scientific and Technical Information
- Restrictions on Access:
- Free-to-read Unrestricted online access
- Electro-migration of ionized/electrically active impurities in CdZnTe (CZT) was successfully demonstrated at elevated temperature with an electric field of 20 V/mm. Copper, which exists in positively charged states, electro-migrated at a speed of 15 lm/h in an electric field of 20 V/mm. A notable variation in impurity concentration along the growth direction with the segregation tendency of the impurities was observed in an electro-migrated CZT boule. Notably, both Ga and Fe, which exist in positively charged states, exhibited the opposite distribution to that of their segregation tendency in Cd(Zn)Te. Furthermore, a CZT detector fabricated from the middle portion of the electromigrated CZT boule showed an improved mobility-lifetime product of 0.91 10<sup>-2</sup> cm<sup>2</sup> /V, compared to that of 1.4 10<sup>-3</sup> cm<sup>2</sup> /V, observed in an as-grown (non-electro-migrated) CZT detector. The optimum radiation detector material would have minimum concentration of deep traps required for compensation.
- Published through SciTech Connect., 04/14/2015., "bnl--108136-2015-ja", "NN2001", Journal of Applied Physics 117 14 ISSN 0021-8979 AM, and Kim, K. [Korea Univ., Seoul (South Korea)]; Kim, Sangsu [Korea Univ., Sejong (South Korea)]; Hong, Jinki [AbyzR Corp., Gyeonggi (South Korea)]; Lee, Jinseo [AbyzR Corp., Gyeonggi (South Korea)]; Hong, Taekwon [Brookhaven National Lab. (BNL), Upton, NY (United States)]; Bolotnikov, A. E. [Korea Univ., Sejong (South Korea)]; Camarda, G. S. [Brookhaven National Lab. (BNL), Upton, NY (United States)]; James, R. B. [Brookhaven National Lab. (BNL), Upton, NY (United States)].
- Funding Information:
View MARC record | catkey: 24057416