Perovskite ink with wide processing window for scalable high-efficiency solar cells [electronic resource].
- Washington, D.C. : United States. Office of the Assistant Secretary of Energy Efficiency and Renewable Energy, 2017.
Oak Ridge, Tenn. : Distributed by the Office of Scientific and Technical Information, U.S. Dept. of Energy
- Physical Description:
- Article numbers 17,038 : digital, PDF file
- Additional Creators:
- National Renewable Energy Laboratory (U.S.)
United States. Office of the Assistant Secretary of Energy Efficiency and Renewable Energy
United States. Department of Energy. Office of Scientific and Technical Information
- Perovskite solar cells have made tremendous progress using laboratory-scale spin-coating methods in the past few years owing to advances in controls of perovskite film deposition. However, devices made via scalable methods are still lagging behind state-of-the-art spin-coated devices because of the complicated nature of perovskite crystallization from a precursor state. Here we demonstrate a chlorine-containing methylammonium lead iodide precursor formulation along with solvent tuning to enable a wide precursor-processing window (up to ~8 min) and a rapid grain growth rate (as short as ~1 min). Coupled with antisolvent extraction, this precursor ink delivers high-quality perovskite films with large-scale uniformity. The ink can be used by both spin-coating and blade-coating methods with indistinguishable film morphology and device performance. Using a blade-coated absorber, devices with 0.12-cm<sup>2</sup> and 1.2-cm<sup>2</sup> areas yield average efficiencies of 18.55% and 17.33%, respectively. As a result, we further demonstrate a 12.6-cm<sup>2</sup> four-cell module (88% geometric fill factor) with 13.3% stabilized active-area efficiency output.
- Published through SciTech Connect.
Nature Energy 2 ISSN 2058-7546 AM
Mengjin Yang; Zhen Li; Matthew O. Reese; Obadiah G. Reid; Dong Hoe Kim; Sebastian Siol; Talysa R. Klein; Yanfa Yan; Joseph J. Berry; Maikel F. A. M. van Hest; Kai Zhu.
- Funding Information:
View MARC record | catkey: 24060247