Reply to Janoschek et al [electronic resource] : The excited δ-phase of plutonium
- Washington, D.C. : United States. Dept. of Energy. Office of Basic Energy Sciences, 2017.
Oak Ridge, Tenn. : Distributed by the Office of Scientific and Technical Information, U.S. Dept. of Energy
- Physical Description:
- pages E269-E269 : digital, PDF file
- Additional Creators:
- Lawrence Livermore National Laboratory
United States. Department of Energy. Office of Basic Energy Sciences
United States. Department of Energy. Office of Scientific and Technical Information
- In a recent PNAS paper (1) we discuss the anomalous temperature dependence of the elasticity in δ-plutonium (δ-Pu) in terms of a first-principles model that includes multiple energy configurations attributed to spin fluctuations. We think it is obvious that conclusions from the earlier experimental report (6) are inconsistent with the latest neutron-scattering experiments (4), as well as comments made in Janoschek et al. (2)
- Published through SciTech Connect.
Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences of the United States of America 114 3 ISSN 0027-8424 AM
Albert Migliori; Per Söderlind; Alexander Landa; Franz J. Freibert; Boris Maiorov; B. J. Ramshaw; Jon B. Betts.
- Funding Information:
View MARC record | catkey: 24060990