Biochar production method and composition therefrom [electronic resource].
- Washington, D.C. : United States. Dept. of Energy, 2014. and Oak Ridge, Tenn. : Distributed by the Office of Scientific and Technical Information, U.S. Dept. of Energy
- Additional Creators:
- Oak Ridge National Laboratory, United States. Department of Energy, and United States. Department of Energy. Office of Scientific and Technical Information
- Restrictions on Access:
- Free-to-read Unrestricted online access
- The invention is directed to a method for producing an oxygenated biochar material possessing a cation-exchanging property, wherein a biochar source is reacted with one or more oxygenating compounds in such a manner that the biochar source homogeneously acquires oxygen-containing cation-exchanging groups in an incomplete combustion process. The invention is also directed to oxygenated biochar compositions and soil formulations containing the oxygenated biochar material.
- Published through SciTech Connect., 04/29/2014., "8,709,122", "13/778,291", and Lee, James; Buchanan, III, Archibald; Evans, Barbara; Kidder, Michelle.
- Funding Information:
View MARC record | catkey: 24061402