3D Lifetime Tomography Reveals How CdCl <sub>2</sub> Improves Recombination Throughout CdTe Solar Cells [electronic resource].
- Washington, D.C. : United States. Dept. of Energy. Office of Energy Efficiency and Renewable Energy, 2016.
Oak Ridge, Tenn. : Distributed by the Office of Scientific and Technical Information, U.S. Dept. of Energy
- Physical Description:
- 7 pages : digital, PDF file
- Additional Creators:
- National Renewable Energy Laboratory (U.S.)
United States. Department of Energy. Office of Energy Efficiency and Renewable Energy
United States. Department of Energy. Office of Scientific and Technical Information
- When using two-photon tomography, carrier lifetimes are mapped in polycrystalline CdTe photovoltaic devices. These 3D maps probe subsurface carrier dynamics that are inaccessible with traditional optical techniques. They reveal that CdCl<sub>2</sub> treatment of CdTe solar cells suppresses nonradiative recombination and enhances carrier lifetimes throughout the film with substantial improvements particularly near subsurface grain boundaries and the critical buried p-n junction.
- Published through SciTech Connect.
Advanced Materials 29 3 ISSN 0935-9648 AM
Edward S. Barnard; Benedikt Ursprung; Eric Colegrove; Helio R. Moutinho; Nicholas J. Borys; Brian E. Hardin; Craig H. Peters; Wyatt K. Metzger; P. James Schuck.
- Funding Information:
View MARC record | catkey: 24061538