Documents from the War Department laid before the House of Representatives by the committee appointed on that part of the President's message which relates to filling the ranks and prolonging the enlistments of the regular troops [microform] : and to an auxiliary force, to the acceptance of volunteer corps, to detachments of militia, and to such a preparation of the great body as will apportion its usefulness to its intrinsic capacity
- Corporate Author:
- United States. War Department
- Washington City : Printed by Roger Chew Weightman, 1811 [i.e. 1812]
- Physical Description:
- 24 unnumbered pages (mostly folded) ; 32 cm
- Additional Creators:
- United States. Congress. House
- "December 17th, 1811, referred to the Committee on Foreign Relations."
Documents consist of a general return of the army; troops composing the military peace establishment; troops composing the additional military force; strength of the several corps; estimates of expenses for raising various kinds of regiments; summary of the military estimate for 1812; total expenses of the Revolutionary War; 2 letters from the Secretary of War; and estimates of expenses of raising the troops authorised by the act of 11th January 1812.
- Reproduction Note:
- Microopaque. Worcester, Mass. : American Antiquarian Society, 1974. 1 microopaque ; 23 x 15 cm. (Early American imprints. Second series ; no. 24145).
- Reviewed/Cited In:
- Shaw, R.R. American bibliography, 24145.
View MARC record | catkey: 2407051