The wonderful and most deplorable history of the latter times of the Jews [microform] : with the destruction of the city of Jerusalem : which history begins where the Holy Scriptures end / by Josephus ben Gorion ; whereunto is added, a brief of the ten captivities, with the portrait of the Roman rams, and the engines of battery, &c. ; as also, of Jerusalem, with the fearful and the presaging apparitions, that were seen in the air, before her ruin
- Uniform Title:
- Leominster, Mass. : Adams & Wilder, for Isaiah Thomas, Jun, 1803.
- Physical Description:
- vi, 305 pages ; 18 cm
- Additional Creators:
- Ibn Daud, Abraham ben David, Halevi, approximately 1110-approximately 1180 and Morwen, Peter
- Related Titles:
- War of the Jews
- Peter Morwen's translation of Abraham ben David's abstract of a disputed work known as Yosippon or Josippon, sometimes listed under pseudonym, Josephus ben Gorion. The translation was first published in London, 1558, under the title: A compendious and most marvelous history of the latter times of the Jews commune weale. Cf. Dict. Nat. Biog., v. 39, p. 170; Universal Jewish Encyl., v. 6, p. 210., Running title: The war of the Jews., and Master microform held by: Readex.
- Reproduction Note:
- Microopaque. New York, N.Y. : Readex Microprint Corporation, 1965. 4 cards ; 15 x 23 cm. (Early American imprints. Second series ; no. 4463)
- Reviewed/Cited In:
- Shaw, R.R. American bibliography, 4463
View MARC record | catkey: 2407426