An affecting narrative of Louisa Baker, a native of Massachusetts [microform] : who, in early life having been shamefully seduced, deserted her parents and enlisted in disguise on board an American frigate as a marine where, in two or three engagements, she displayed the most heroic fortitude, and was honorably discharged therefrom, a few months since, without a discovery of her sex being made
- Brewer, Lucy
- Portsmouth, N.H. : Printed for the purchaser, 1816.
- Physical Description:
- 24 pages : portrait ; 20 cm
- "Narrative of dubious veracity." cf. Howes.
Master microform held by: Readex.
- Reproduction Note:
- Microopaque. New York, N.Y. : Readex Microprint Corporation, 1980. 1 card ; 15 x 23 cm. (Early American imprints. Second series ; no. 36687)
- Reviewed/Cited In:
- Shaw, R.R. American bibliography, 36687
Howes, W. U.S.iana (2nd ed.), W279
View MARC record | catkey: 2408555