The will to power : selections from the notebooks of the 1880s / Friedrich Nietzsche ; translated by R. Kevin Hill and Michael A. Scarpitti ; edited, with an introduction and notes, by R. Kevin Hill
- Nietzsche, Friedrich Wilhelm, 1844-1900
- Uniform Title:
- Wille zur Macht. English
- [London], UK : Penguin Books, 2017.
- Copyright Date:
- Physical Description:
- xxxiii, 648 pages ; 20 cm.
- Additional Creators:
- Hill, R. Kevin
Scarpitti, Michael A.
Nietzsche, Friedrich Wilhelm, 1844-1900
- Penguin classics
- Language Note:
- Translated from the German.
- Book I. European Nihilism -- 1. Nihilism -- 2. On the History of European Nihilism -- Book II. Critique of the Highest Values Hitherto -- 1. Critique of Religion -- 2. Critique of Morality -- 3. Critique of Philosophy -- Book III. Principle of a New Determination of Values -- 1. The Will to Power as Knowledge -- 2. The Will to Power in Nature -- 3. The Will to Power as Society and Individual -- 4. The Will to Power as Art -- Book IV Discipline and Cultivation -- 1. Hierarchy -- 2. Dionysus -- 3. The Eternal Recurrence.
- "One of the great minds of modernity, Friedrich Nietzsche smashed through the beliefs of his age. These writings, which did much to establish his reputation as a philosopher, offer some of his most powerful and troubling thoughts: on how the values of a new, aggressive elite will save a nihilistic, mediocre Europe, and, most famously, on the 'will to power'--ideas that were seized upon and twisted by later readers. Taken from Nietzsche's unpublished notebooks and assembled by his sister after his death, The Will to Power now appears in a clear, fluent new translation, with previous errors corrected in light of the original manuscripts."--Page 4 of cover.
- 9780141195353 (paperback)
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
- Source of Acquisition:
- Purchased with funds from the Paterno Libraries Endowment (Campus College Libraries); 2018
View MARC record | catkey: 24096560