Introduction to high performance computing for scientists and engineers / Georg Hager, Gerhard Wellein
- Hager, Georg
- Boca Raton : CRC Press, 
- Copyright Date:
- Physical Description:
- 1 online resource (xxv, 330 pages) : illustrations
- Additional Creators:
- Wellein, Gerhard
- Chapman & Hall/CRC computational science series
- 1. Modern processors -- 2. Basic optimization techniques for serial code -- 3. Data access optimization -- 4. Parallel computers -- 5. Basics of parallelization -- 6. Shared-memory parallel programming with OpenMP -- 7. Efficient OpenMP programming -- 8. Locality optimizations on ccNUMA architectures -- 9. Distributed-memory parallel programming with MPI -- 10. Efficient MPI programming -- 11. Hybrid parallelization with MPI and OpenMP.
- Designed for scientists, engineers, and students, this book presents a concise, practical introduction to high performance computing (HPC). It discusses the architecture of modern processors, providing a solid understanding of the performance potentials and limitations of current architectures and code. Moving from basic to advanced topics, the text covers key issues in HPC, including serial optimization, parallelism, OpenMP, MPI, and hybrid programming techniques. The authors also address advanced issues, such as solving affinity problems by pinning, writing efficient C++ code, and programmin.
- 9781439811931 (electronic bk.) and 1439811938 (electronic bk.)
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
- Source of Acquisition:
- Purchased with funds from the J. Harvey Fahnestock Endowment for Scientific, Engineering and Rare Books; 2018
View MARC record | catkey: 24096564