Military strategy : a very short introduction / Antulio J. Echevarria II.
- Echevarria, Antulio J., II, 1959-
- Oxford ; New York : Oxford University Press, 
- Physical Description:
- 131 pages : illustrations, maps ; 18 cm.
- Very short introductions ; 523
- Prologue -- What is military strategy? -- Annihilation and dislocation -- Attrition and exhaustion -- Deterrence and coercion -- Terror and terrorism -- Decapitation and targeted killing -- Cyber power and military strategy -- What causes military strategies to succeed or fail?
- "This Very Short Introduction adapts Clausewitz's framework to highlight the dynamic relationship between the main elements of strategy: purpose, method, and means. Drawing on historical examples, Echevarria discusses the major types of military strategy and how emerging technologies are affecting them."--Provided by publisher.
- 9780199340132 (pbk. ; alk. paper)
0199340137 (pbk. ; alk. paper)
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references (pages 117-127) and index.
View MARC record | catkey: 24096858