Letters from and to the Ford Motor Company / Marianne Moore [and] David Wallace
- Moore, Marianne, 1887-1972
- New York : Pierpont Morgan Library, 1958.
New York : The Spiral Press
- Physical Description:
- 27 unnumbered pages, 1 unnumbered leaf of plates : illustration (wood engraving) ; 25 cm
- Additional Creators:
- Wallace, David, 1908-1974, Baskin, Leonard, 1922-2000, Pierpont Morgan Library, and Spiral Press
- The correspondence between American poet Marianne Moore and marketing executive David Wallace concerning an appropriate name for a new line of automobiles being designed by the Ford Motor Company. Despite the appeal of Miss Moore's final submission "Utopian Turtletop, " the line was ultimately branded, as it turns out, under the unfortunate name--Edsel.
- Fine Printing Collection.
- Originally printed in The New Yorker for April 13, 1957.
"The edition of this book consists of five hundred fifty copies. Four hundred copies have been reserved for the Fellows of The Pierpont Morgan Library and one hundred fifty copies are offered for sale. They have been printed at The Spiral Press in New York. The wood engraving by Leonard Baskin has been printed from the original block"--Colophon.
Rare Books copy: in publisher's slipcase, as issued.
- Source of Acquisition:
- Rare Books copy: Gift of Gerald W. Cloud: 2018.
View MARC record | catkey: 24097483