The films of Susanne Bier / edited by Missy Molloy, Mimi Nielsen, and Meryl Shriver-Rice
- Additional Titles:
- At head of title: ReFocus
- Edinburgh : Edinburgh University Press, 
- Copyright Date:
- Physical Description:
- xiv, 298 pages : color illustrations ; 25 cm.
- Additional Creators:
- Molloy, Missy, Nielsen, Mimi, and Shriver-Rice, Meryl
- Generic and industrial fluidity -- Negotiating identity -- Authorship and aesthetics -- Transnational reach.
- The award-winning Danish director Susanne Bier has become increasingly known for her generic innovations and industrial fluidity, moving confidently between cinema and television at a time where the scarcity of women directors has become a subject of major critical and popular attention. This book is a dynamic, scholarly engagement with Bier's work, and a timely consideration of her impressive authorial achievements. Featuring essays from both recognized and up-and-coming scholars in Scandinavian, transnational and feminist film and media studies, this book also includes an original interview with Bier, addressing some of the provocative readings of her films advanced by the contributors.
- 9781474428729 (hardback)
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references, filmography (pages 283-284) and index.
View MARC record | catkey: 24097615