Digital citizenship education
- Strasbourg : Council of Europe, [October 2017]
- Copyright Date:
- Physical Description:
- 2 volumes : color illustrations, forms ; 24 cm
- Additional Creators:
- Frau-Meigs, Divina, O'Neill, Brian, 1961-, Soriani, Alessandro, Tomé, Vitor, Richardson, Janice (Janice Patricia), Milovidov, Elizabeth, and Council of Europe
- Volume 1. Overview and new perspectives / Divina Frau-Meigs, Brian O'Neill, Alessandro Soriani, Vitor Tomé -- Volume. 2. Multi-stakeholder consultation reporter / Janice Richardson, Elizabeth Milovidov.
- Most young people in Europe today were born and have grown up in the digital era. Education authorities have the duty to ensure that these digital citizens are fully aware of the norms of appropriate behavior when using constantly evolving technology and participating in digital life. Despite worldwide efforts to address such issues, there is a clear need for education authorities to take the lead on digital citizenship education and integrate it into school curricula. In 2016, the Education Department of the Council of Europe began work to develop new policy orientations and strategies to help educators face these new challenges and to empower young people by helping them to acquire the competences they need to participate actively and responsibly in digital society.
- 9789287184320 (v. 1)
9287184321 (v. 1)
9789287184337 (v. 2)
928718433X (v. 2)
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references.
View MARC record | catkey: 24098997