Appleton's new and complete United States guide book for travellers [electronic resource] : embracing the northern, eastern, southern, and western states, Canada, Nova Scotia, New Brunswick, etc. : illustrated with forty-five engraved maps, including plans of the principal cities of the Union, and numerous engravings / by W. Williams
- Williams, W. (Wellington)
- Additional Titles:
- New and complete United States guide book for travellers, Appleton's United States travellers guide, and Railroad and steamboat companion
- New York : D. Appleton & Co., 1855.
- New and rev. ed.
- Physical Description:
- 2 volumes in 1 : illustrations, maps (some folded), plans (some folded) ; 17 cm
- Additional Creators:
- Williams, W. (Wellington)., Newberry Library, and Adam Matthew Digital (Firm)
- [Pt. 1.] Appletons' northern and eastern traveller's guide : with new and authentic maps illustrating those divisions of the country : forming, likewise, a complete guide to the middle states, Canada, New Brunswick, and Nova Scotia, the White Mountains, Catskill Mountains, Niagara and Trenton Falls, Saratoga and Virginia Springs, &c. : with the places of fashionable and healthful resort, and full and accurate descriptions of the principal cities, towns, and villages, with distances, fares, &c. -- [pt. 2.] Appletons' southern and western travellers' guide : with new and authentic maps, illustrating those divisions of the country, and containing sectional maps of the Mississippi and Ohio Rivers, with plans of cities, views, etc. : forming a complete guide to the Falls of St. Anthony, Mammoth Cave, Ky., Virginia Springs, the tour of the great rivers of the West, the Great Lakes, the copper region of Lake Superior, etc., and containing full and accurate descriptions of the principal cities, towns and villages, with distances, fares, etc.
- Each part has special t.p.
- Reproduction Note:
- Electronic reproduction. Marlborough, England : Adam Matthew Digital, c2008 (The American West)
- Location of Originals:
- Newberry Library, Chicago
View MARC record | catkey: 24119124