Folder of miscellaneous letters, notes and transcripts regarding Sir Erasmus Ommanney : Correspondence 18500000-19490000
- Marlborough, Wiltshire : Adam Matthew Digital, 2018.
- Physical Description:
- 1 online resource
- Additional Creators:
- Adam Matthew Digital (Firm)
- Description: Document includes extract from rough journal 11th, 12th, and 13th of August about the rescue of Penny's and Sir John Ross's Vessels in Assistance Bay. Letter signed "An Observer" published in the Times, January 1 1850 about the missing Franklin expedition. Invoice for purchase of preserved provision by Capt. Ommanney from John Henry Gamble, preserved provision merchant, London April 5 1850. Letter from EI Munson to Ommanney concerning anchorage of the Assistance in the Thames, April 26 1850. Article entitled "Mystery of John Franklin's Death" published in The Times, April 21, 1926. A sick list from the HMS Assistance, July 27th 1851. Article entitled "The Franklin Expedition" published in The Times, July 27th, 1930. A letter entitled "The Franklin Expedition" signed the Rev. Erasmus Austin Ommanney, published in The Times, September 23. A letter from Mary I Kennedy, Edmonton, to Mrs Coleman, about the discovery of Franklin graves and relics, September 28 1930. An article entitled "The Franklin Expedition: Major Burwash on his Finds" published in The Times, datelined Ottawa, Sept. 27". Death notice of Lady Mansell, daughter of Sir Erasmus Ommanney, published in The Times, January 19, 1949.
- AMDigital Reference: M-925.
- Original Version:
- Reproduction of: Folder of miscellaneous letters, notes and transcripts regarding Sir Erasmus Ommanney 1850-1949.
- Location of Originals:
- Glenbow Museum
- Copyright Note:
- Glenbow Museum
View MARC record | catkey: 24121127