Letter from William Tryon to George Germain regarding raising provincial troops, approaching the Indians for support and enclosing a letter sharing intelligence from Philadelphia : Correspondence 1777
- Marlborough, Wiltshire : Adam Matthew Digital, 2017.
- Physical Description:
- 1 online resource
- Additional Creators:
- Adam Matthew Digital (Firm)
- Other Subject(s):
- American Indians
- American Revolution
- prisoner of war, rebels, prisoner exchange, Indians, army, Canadians, raising of troops, wages, rebellion, defeat, supplies, livestock, animals, fire, food, destruction, local government, grievance
- Tryon, William
- Germain, George (1st Viscount Sackville)
- Carleton, Guy (1st Baron Dorchester)
- Johnson, William
- New York
- Dutchess County
- First letter is partly written in French.
AMDigital Reference: CO 5/1108;New York: Correspondence, original - Secretary of State, 1776-1778.
- Original Version:
- Reproduction of: Letter from William Tryon to George Germain regarding raising provincial troops, approaching the Indians for support and enclosing a letter sharing intelligence from Philadelphia 9 Apr 1777.
- Location of Originals:
- The National Archives
- Copyright Note:
- Crown Copyright documents © are reproduced by permission of The National Archives London, UK
View MARC record | catkey: 24123501