The business of venture capital : insights from leading practitioners on the art of raising a fund, deal structuring, value creation, and exit strategies / Mahendra Ramsinghani
- Ramsinghani, Mahendra
- Hoboken, New Jersey : John Wiley & Sons, 
- Copyright Date:
- Second edition.
- Physical Description:
- 1 online resource
- Wiley finance series
- Part one: Raising the Venture Fund. The Basics -- Getting In -- Building Your Career as a Venture Capitalist -- The Universe of Limited Partners -- How Limited Partners Conduct Fund Due Diligence -- Defining Your Fund's Investment Strategy -- How Institutional Investors Evaluate Fund Managers -- Fund Size and Portfolio Construction -- Performance Analysis -- Emerging Managers: A Promise of the Future -- The Venture Capital Firm, Operations, and Culture -- The Fund-Raising Process -- Terms of Investment: The Limited Partnership Agreement -- The Role of Placement Agents in Fund-Raising -- Part two: Making Investments. Sourcing Investment Opportunities -- The Art of Conducting Due Diligence -- Management Team Diligence -- Diligence beyond Management -- Structuring Investment Transactions -- Serving on the Board -- Board Culture, Composition, and Orientation -- Board Value Creation and Evaluation -- Challenges in the Boardroom -- Exit Strategies -- Acquisitions: The Primary Path to an Exit -- Initial Public Offering -- Human Psychology.
- "The Business of Venture Capital, Second Edition covers the entire spectrum of this field, from raising funds and structuring investments to assessing exit pathways. Written by a practitioner for practitioners, the book provides the necessary breadth and depth, simplifies the jargon, and balances the analytical logic with experiential wisdom. Starting with a Foreword by Mark Heesen, President, National Venture Capital Association (NVCA), this important guide includes insights and perspectives from leading experts"--Publisher's website.
- 9781118926611 (epub)
- AVAILABLE ONLINE TO AUTHORIZED DICKINSON USERS; PASSWORD REQUIRED FOR ACCESS.
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
View MARC record | catkey: 24138244