Centennial of general relativity : a celebration / editor, César Augusto Zen Vasconcellos, Universidade Federal do Rio Grande do Sul, Brazil & ICRANet, Italy
- Singapore ; Hackensack, NJ : World Scientific Publishing Co. Pte. Ltd., 
- Physical Description:
- xvi, 318 pages : illustrations (chiefly color) ; 24 cm
- Additional Creators:
- Vasconcellos, César A. Z.
- General relativity and compact stars / Norman K. Glendenning -- Non-spherical compact stellar objects in Einstein's theory of general relativity / Omair Zubairi and Fridolin Weber -- Pseudo-complex general relativity : theory and observational consequences / Peter O. Hess and Walter Greiner -- Strange matter : a state before black hole / Renxin Xu and Yanjun Guo -- Building non-spherical cosmic structures / Roberto A. Sussman -- Cosmology after Einstein / Marc Lachièze-Rey -- Highlights of standard model results from ATLAS and CMS / Cristina Biino -- Beyond the standard model searches at ATLAS and CMS / Géraldine Conti -- Results from LHCb / Katharina Müller -- TeV astrophysics : probing the relativistic universe / Ulisses Barres de Almeida -- Observation of gravitational waves from a binary black hole merger / B.P. Abbott et al.
- "It has been over 100 years since the presentation of the Theory of General Relativity by Albert Einstein, in its final formulation, to the Royal Prussian Academy of Sciences. To celebrate 100 years of general relativity, World Scientific publishes this volume with a dual goal: to assess the current status of the field of general relativity in broad terms, and discuss future directions. The volume thus consists of broad overviews summarizing major developments over the past decades and their perspective contributions"--
- 9789814699655 (hardcover ; alkaline paper)
9814699659 (hardcover ; alkaline paper)
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
View MARC record | catkey: 24138479