Kasimbazar: Diary and Consultations, 1 Dec 1682 to 30 Sept 1683, 1 Dec 1683 to 10 July 1684 : Consultations; Diary 1682/12/01-1684/07/10.
- Marlborough, Wiltshire : Adam Matthew Digital, 2018.
- Physical Description:
- 1 online resource
- Additional Creators:
- Adam Matthew Digital (Firm)
- Description: IOR/G/23: Factory Records: Kasimbazar, 1676-1759. Diaries and consultations, 1676-1701; consultations, 1733-1759. 13 volumes.Origin: Once a factory had been established in 1651 at Hugli in Bengal, factors travelled further up the Ganges valley and settled at Kasimbazar, a centre of commerce where raw silk, sugar and saltpetre could be purchased. A factory was established there in 1658. In 1685, hostilities between the Company and the Emperor Aurengzeb resulted in the temporary expulsion of all Company servants from the Emperor's dominions. The Kasimbazar factory was confiscated, but was restored to the Company in or around 1700. In 1765 the district became part of the Company's first territories.Related Resources: Fort St George and Hugli Factory Records (IOR/G/19 and G/20); Bengal Proceedings (IOR/P).
- Other Subject(s):
- IOR/G: East India Company Factory Records (1608-1858). A 'factory' was a trading post where a number of merchants, or factors, resided. When company ships arrived at the factories, ships' merchants were thus enabled to exchange goods for trading immediately instead of having to wait to make deals with local merchants. Factories were run by a chief factor and a council of factors. The 'Factory Records' is an artificially-created sub-fonds; the records of individual Company factories consist mainly of consultations (records of administrative decisions and of correspondence), diaries (records of daily activities), letters received, copies of letters sent and collections of papers on particular subjects.
AMDigital Reference: IOR/G/23/3.
- Original Version:
- Reproduction of: Kasimbazar: Diary and Consultations, 1 Dec 1682 to 30 Sept 1683, 1 Dec 1683 to 10 July 1684 1 Dec 1682 - 10 Jul 1684.
- Location of Originals:
- The British Library
- Copyright Note:
- The British Library Board
View MARC record | catkey: 24148353