'Auditor's References', 1772 - 7 May 1795 : Manuscript volume 1772-1795/05/07.
- Marlborough, Wiltshire : Adam Matthew Digital, 2017.
- Physical Description:
- 1 online resource
- Additional Creators:
- Adam Matthew Digital (Firm)
- IOR/D: Minutes and memoranda etc of General Committees and Offices of the East India Company (1700-1858). The majority of these records belonged to, or were closely associated with, the Committee of Correspondence, and include a series known as 'Auditor's References' comprising papers mainly relating to the financial claims of Company servants.The Committee of Correspondence was the most important of the standing committees appointed by the Court of Directors down to 1833. It was responsible mainly for supervising the Company's non-secret correspondence with India etc; for controlling the overseas establishments, including the consideration of the financial and other claims of civil and military personnel, and for appointing civil cadets (to 1805); and for filling posts in many departments of the Company's home establishment. IOR/D also includes some miscellaneous entry books, lists and papers originally kept in the offices of the Secretary, the Examiner and the Auditor at East India House.;Part of subseries IOR/D/147-252: 'Auditor's References' (1740-1835). Contains letters and petitions to various committees, seeking concessions and re-adjustments which, if granted, would involve a payment. and AMDigital Reference: IOR/D/152.
- Original Version:
- Reproduction of: 'Auditor's References', 1772 - 7 May 1795 1772 - 7 May 1795.
- Location of Originals:
- The British Library
- Copyright Note:
- The British Library Board
View MARC record | catkey: 24149592